Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lent Day 5: Time with my Man

Jesus that is.

I was going to do my daily Bible reading today (in Romans now) and opened instead to Ruth. So I read it. I am glad I did; Ruth was part of Christ's family line, I wanted to know why. I noted what was said about her/the characteristics portrayed, here they are;

*Devoted: 1:14 "Ruth clung to her"
*Determined: 1:18 "realized that Ruth was determined to go"
*Respectful 2:10 "she bowed down with her face to the ground"
*Humble " "Why have I found such favor in your eyes that you notice me- a foreigner?"
*Hard-working 2:18 "how much she had gathered"
*Obedient 3:5 "I will do whatever you say"
*Kind 3:10 "this kindness is greater than you showed earlier"
*Noble character 3:11 "all my fellow townsmen know you are a woman of n.c."
*Loving 4:15 "your daughter-in-law, who loves you, and is better to you than 7 sons"

Yup, so those are definitely characteristics I'd like to cultivate.

And that Boaz guy- he sounded pretty nice too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment