Monday, February 22, 2010

A Glimpse into Her World

Can I just say that God is SO good? Honestly, he always, ALWAYS provides for me- even the silly little things that I am too ashamed to ask for. I really needed to practice my prose reading for class today, and in between prayer,class, chapel, class there is no time to do that. I could have skipped prayer, but I feel like skipping out on God doesn't give more or better time, so I stayed with Him. And guess what? Not only was my first class canceled (hurray I can practice!) but on the way back to my dorm I found out that the one I needed to present in was also canceled!

So now I'm sitting in my class just kind of rejoicing. It's in the simple joys, the uncomplicated gifts God gives me everyday of my life (sometimes I get caught up looking for the complicated or catastrophic circumstance to be delivered from, or other foolish things that we humans hope for and do).

Yesterday was a crazy wonderful day in about ten different ways. It wasn't spectacularly unusual by worldly standards- I didn't even go off campus- but that didn't matter. I got to swing dance and be with friends. However, what especially touched me was last night after all the homework and dancing...

I went to the library to print off some homework, and as I sit down to practice my reading (that was to be performed today in class)I notice something: a girl I have never met before. Now, this isn't absolutely out of the question- there are new freshman on campus. As I got to talking with her though I learned that she was actually 27 and is a violin teacher, her name is Elizabeth, isn't that beautiful? She said she had seen me before- that she'd been coming to this library about three times a week for a couple years- I was shocked. Am I really that ignorant about people I don't know? I'd have not liked to think so- but perhaps I am. I asked her if anyone had ever talked to her, or tried to have a conversation; she said she was rather shy and always tried to sit out of the way, that she never really wanted to (not sure if I totally believe she didn't want to talk, only that she was too afraid to) before. But that tonight as she came she said she might talk to someone, that she wouldn't be opposed if someone talked to her. I am so SO glad that she let me talk with her, that she gave me a small glimpse into her world.

No comments:

Post a Comment