Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lent: Day 2 "This is Crazy!"

God is faithful, I don't know why it seems so crazy to me. I say this because yesterday was so extremely busy, but I knew they were all important things to do, so I did what I could and made sure to put God first. I was tempted to put off my 40 minutes of alone time because I had a big project due the next day; instead I put God first because he truly is the most important. I just found out the class I would have had to present in is canceled. The teacher doesn't feel well, and I do pray that she gets better, but I am also thankful that I made the choice to put God first and that He helped me in my time of need. He's so good, so faithful to his followers.

Last night at Deeper I almost messed up on one of my lent sacrifices- #2 I think it is, about not initiating stuff with guys. I was talking with Jake Flannery and asked him if he liked to skate and what size his feet were- I was about to invite him to go skating some time when Stephanie said my name- it hit me then- I realized I had almost forgotten my sacrifice already. Tuesday night I had set up ice-skating with a friend, at first I didn't see him at Deeper, and silly me, my mind started to plan out how I could get ahold of him without initiating something. I stopped myself by realizing that what God wants to happen will happen. I simply gave it over to Him and worshiped. Ends up that David shows up and we do get to go ice-skating; not only that, but another friend is on the pond. Lesson: God provides to those who trust Him. I didn't think giving up boys would be this hard. I'm still not quite sure to what extent it is- I ate lunch with a guy from one of my classes today- I think that's okay, but I never really made any legalistic guidelines... Maybe that's a good thing- I'll trust God to convict me where I need conviction. It was a great lunch by the way, and we did pray before our meal, so I like to think God was right next to us enjoying lunch and edifying conversation.

This is crazy- I'm already learning so much about God and myself. He really is revealing Himself to me and showing me just how much I can depend on Him! Sleep? I do think I need to be a better steward and get some more sleep, because at the tail end of my Bible reading today I was having a hard time focusing/keeping my eyes open, and this is Acts we're talking about- not Leviticus!

PS I finished Acts today, the last 2 verses got me thinking...

And Paul stayed two full years in his own rented quarters and was welcoming all who came to him,preaching the kingdom of God and teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all openness, unhindered.

- Is this something God is calling me to do? It certainly sounds incredible- can you imagine it? A tiny little house, many friends and strangers cozily crowded together inside listening to their welcoming host as he/she speaks about their Lord Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God. It sounds so undeniably pleasant; perhaps something God will let me do someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment