Saturday, February 13, 2010

If life were a horror instead of a gift...



To write these words before thoughts flee my mind...
What if I were born in a different country
or a different race
if I were born on the streets and not a hospital
if my parents died and I had no home
would I be in the same place?
It is so likely that I could
A Nepali, one very heart beats for
abducted
stolen from her family
then stolen from herself
What would that fear be like?
The men atop me, clawing and breathing like animals
and when I am finally free for another day, but
I cannot lift my head from the shame which bows it down
shunned by society for sins I scream against
but there is no one to help me out
all ears deafened to my pleading scream
I cry out “save me”
everybody hears but no one walks my way
no, they all forge on and rush away

No comments:

Post a Comment