Friday, February 26, 2010

Lent, yesterday

It was quite early last night when I finally got into bed, so I didn't blog. It was worth it though- I had a great night of fellowship with like-minded friends. I have met someone with similiar passions, and it's such a blessing to just be around and hear that person's heart. God is good in more ways than a million!

Don't really have much to write (on here) about yesterday. I'm coming along on memorizing Matthew 5 (then the rest of the sermon on the mount), it really helps that a friend is doing it with me! I wish I could have all of God's word in my heart.

In my bible reading yesterday I recall reading about how David said to the Lord, "I'm living in a palace of Cedar, while tthe ark of God is still living in a tent!?" (paraphrased)God replies with the fact that he hasn't dwelt in a tent since bringing the Israelites out of Egypt. God doesn't need big fancy churches, what he'd really love is humble, clean, holy houses dedicated to Him.

Several times in my reading I also noticed people "Celebrating with all their might" what does this look like? I want to celebrate God will my might! Do I already? I don't think I always do- I'll work on that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment