Thursday, February 18, 2010

Caramel apple lollipops and Sunny Days

It's nearly 40 degrees today! It's not so much the temperature as it is the beautiful and radiant sun shinning down and warming the earth. Today was (is) the perfect day to be outside, so I took the sunny opporunity to walk to a store down the road. As I was checking out I saw something... Caramel-apple suckers! I adore the taste of the sour apple and gooey caramel; it brings back such good memories from my childhood. And I'd completely forgotten they existed till I saw them today.

This day is an ideal day for everything good and lovely. As I was walking back home from the store I ran into two of my friends walking to Subway together (they're dating). We stopped and talked for a bit- it was so nice, because normally you have to get the polite "Hi, how are you?" "good, you?" "good" dialogue out of the way very fast so you can move on to class- you know how it is I'm sure. But we both had the time to pause for a moment and give full attention to each other. They were talking about whether long hair on girls is natural or societal, and asked my opinion. So that's what I'll be thinking about for a while.

This morning terrific as well- the birds were singing! So many people didn't hear them though, honestly, I don't know how the adorable little chickadee's song could be overlooked. The branches of most trees are bare, but bright-red berries remain, munchies for our feathered friends.

Life is good, really good, I wish more people could experience this, could feel, could know the inexpressible joy God can give. Maybe someday I can help others see...

No comments:

Post a Comment