Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ramblings

Would you let me in?
Are you shutting me out?
Is there really open while I stand here?
Would you let me in?
I want to know this oneness you tell of
could you show me these treasures?
I'm dying to know, as I see this joy
overflowing, so far beyond measure
can we walk together for a while
as I sneak a glance-charming smile
my hands are restless, what should I do
as I walk here, so close, too close to you
I can't find my pockets in the wind's biting chill
I rummage around for warmth, yet am frozen still
then your hand reaches out, grasping mine
what life gushed into my fingers from thine
what's to stop our love from lasting forever?
only as time does us part, cruel age to severe
but I offer myself to you freely
I want you- truly, really
I am reaching out, but this feels so weird
caught in a tizzy- don't know which way's up
my motives are rushing to the top like
tree branches to the sun
what if someone can see the roots these stem from?
tear out all of me that you desire not
change me to love Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment